Friday, March 13, 2015

7QT, Vol. 79

This week . . . it was wonderful. Just not in a blogging kind of way.


1. I'm blaming the weather. It was so warm and sunny that it seemed like a waste to spend it inside staring at a computer.

Cozy Coupe Antics

2. But we did take a trip to one of my favorite places in Wichita -- the Museum of World Treasures. It is an interesting place. The original donor amassed an incredibly . . . eclectic . . . collection of stuff: mummies, dinosaur bones, documents, historical artifacts, and they all ended up in this museum. It's no Smithsonian, but I like that it is small enough to manage with the kids in a pretty short period of time, and it really does have interesting stuff (to this history major, at least). Anyway, we went for the preschool program, which was okay, but Clare loved the T-Rex, so all is good. She actually cried to me that afternoon, begging to go see T-Rex again. Paleontology (or Dinosaur Train?) for the win!

Peter wants to be set loose, I think.

3. The highlight of last weekend was Confirmation. I cried as Bishop Kemme anointed our Confirmandi, which pretty much sealed my fate to be a weeping mess when my own kids receive their sacraments. I mean, I formed and prayed for those kids for a few weeks; I'll have formed and prayed for my own kids from the verrrrrry beginning.

I was going to do a What I Wore Sunday. #neverhappened

4. I took the kids to the grocery store yesterday. Clare danced allllllll the way up and down the aisles. I was getting pretty exasperated with begging her to not stray too far from the cart, not to get in the way of other shoppers, not to sit on the floor. An older gentleman stopped and whispered to me, "Honey, they never do what you want them to." Touche.

The shirt says it all.

5. Last weekend, this guy turned 11 months old. 6 teeth. Eats everything he can get his hands on. Moving all over, but not quite walking. Looks increasingly like a kid instead of a baby. I can't handle it. He is such a joy in our lives.


6. I've got a couple of interesting posts floating through my head these days, and a couple of drafts, and a week of night float two weeks from now, so hopefully I'll be hitting publish a bit more in the coming weeks. I also need to finish loading pictures on my new "About" page. Dealing with my camera pictures has been a bigger project than I had expected. Not surprising, but still a headache.

Blurry but cute

Joy

7. Charles took these last weekend, and they are too wonderful not to share.



Have a lovely weekend!

Visit Kelly for more!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is getting so long! It looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I keep thinking about chopping it off, but then I have a good hair day and second guess it. We'll see what happens! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.