1. Home Sweet Home -- We're not in Kansas anymore!! We did the drive -- we've turned into quite the road warriors! -- and made it home at the perfect time to drive into the Valley watching a gorgeous Arizona sunset. It is so good to be home, and to know that we get to stay here for awhile. We appreciate home (and all that comes with it) so much and are really hoping to not take it for granted for a long, long time.
2. Naps -- Everyone knows that afternoon naps are what allow mom-blogging to happen (for lots of us at least). I had something brilliant to add here, but I don't remember what it was and want to hit publish before the blessed sleep window ends.
3. Munchkin Movement -- In the last week, Lil Bean's movement has gone from the occasion "maybe?" to daily kicks and squirms, especially when I'm relaxed (read: early in the morning and after Clare goes to bed). We even had a little punching match yesterday morning. Bliss.
4. Frozen cookie dough -- Cookies are one thing that I never, ever, ever buy. I love to bake them (and then eat the fruits of my labor). I can't wait until Clare (and sibling) can participate in the cookie-making antics. As an added bonus, I never have to worry about eggs in food I bake myself. Anyway, since no one needs as many cookies as most recipes make, I usually freeze some portion of the dough, unless I have a
5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies -- I use this recipe from All Recipes several times per fall. I love that it is already egg-free so I don't have to use a substitute. I am partial to mini-chips, but you could certainly use regular or even chunks if you prefer. There is still a month of pumpkin decadence (Thanksgiving -- hello!!) to enjoy an easy-peasy pumpkin treat! I divided the dough into 1/4ths and froze 3 bags, baking the rest right away. One bag made a dozen cookies this afternoon. Perfecto.
Have a great one!