1. Fall. Yeah, I know that loving fall has become totally cliche. Yes, I have discussed fall at length myself. Buuuuuut, people, I haven't had a good, old-fashioned, real fall (vs. we call it "fall" because the weather dips below 100, and maybe even 90) in a lot of years, and it feels good. So good. Plus, boots. I broke 'em out. Yes, maybe it made me look like a Patton (if you discount the brown locks and lack of Hunters, bien sur), because no one else thinks it's particularly cool. But I'm a happity, happy camper.
|Baby in autumn, with stick.|
2. Babies -- Maybe I've said it a million times, but I don't care. I love 'em. And with so many on the way in my real life and BlogLand, I'm in swoony baby land.
|Yes, they turn into toddlers. Don't rain on my parade. Via|
3. Lovely Loss Tributes -- It isn't a favorite that so many have experienced the pain of miscarriage, infertility, and infant loss, but it was a joy to see so many lovely tributes to those babies in Heaven yesterday. While I only have siblings in Heaven, I have no idea what the future may hold. I pray with and for all of you.
4. Quiet Mornings of Solitude -- Clare has been sleeping late (for a baby!) while we've been here, and Charles has to be at the hospital early. It leaves me with these lovely mornings of quiet that really refresh me. I've not been as productive as perhaps I should be. I use the time to drink a quiet cup of coffee and peruse the internet at leisure. Maybe tap out a blog post or email, like I'm doing now. But the time, cool and dark, is refreshing to me.
5. Coffee -- I can happily report that my taste for coffee is now fully restored. I still try to limit my caffeine intake and up my water intake (read: drink less coffee/day) during pregnancy. But beautiful, tasty, wonderful coffee is back, just in time for the holidays! Wahoo!!