Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Bagels



Last week, I was super-excited to share a post about Saturday morning bagels, but apparently, I'm still living in 2007, and my computer and phone won't interface to let me get the picture off my (not particularly high-tech) phone and onto my computer.

Today's picture is from this morning's bagel escapade. I love Saturday morning bagels for a lot of reasons: good company (usually a friend and her family, but this morning, my fiance), good food, good coffee. I love the ritual of getting up and getting out (and moving) to start the weekend off well.

Mostly, though, I love the people watching. I love seeing familiar faces and I love seeing who else is up early on Saturday morning.

You see a little bit of everything: people dragging themselves into Saturday morning work, people post-workout, people with their dogs and kids, families on their way to soccer games or basketball tournaments.

Most importantly, though, it is a community. I might live in a big, impersonal city, but I love the neighborhood where I live. There is a sense of friendly camaraderie that permeates the sterile chain environment. There is sunshine, there is so much to be thankful for, and there is life. What more do you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.