Friday, December 27, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 47

On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a chance to sit down and write for the first time in ages. Using this to link-up with Jen (feel better!) and a quick Christmas wrap-up!

1. Life. Happened. (Y yo no blogo.) I've actually got a nice, reflective post coming tomorrow (or maybe next week) on alllllll of that, but in the mean time, consider this a teaser and a (* * *) in your book to indicate that time has passed, and pretend that the in-the-mean-time happenings are of no consequence.

2. We made it nice and early to get good seats for the early Mass on Christmas Eve. Clare was really good for about an hour-and-a-half (meaning, up until the Liturgy of the Eucharist, if you take the wait time into consideration). I was extra glad to hold my own little ball of energy this Christmas, and actually had the opportunity to reflect on the Incarnation and the Nativity in spite of her taken-outside-antics.


Cutie McCuterson in her Christmas dress.

3. From there we came home to begin the feasting with Charles' parents, along with some present opening and a cameo by my sister and brother-in-law (and their in utero little one, if we're being technical -- and since this is the first time I've mentioned his/her pending arrival on here . . . . eeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm awfully excited for her, and for our kids to have 6ish week apart cousins). And staying up filling stockings and putting together tables and princess castles.



4. Christmas morning was enchanting. Clare still doesn't quite get the whole present thing, but was pleased as punch to sit down in her new little chair and play with her "cattow." I think that would have left her pretty satisfied for the rest of the morning. We helped her rip into the rest of her packages, exchanged gifts between Charles and me, set up some still-boxed toys, and sipped coffee. Finally, we made and enjoyed a late breakfast. Pretty much exactly what Christmas should be, I'd say.











5. It was early afternoon before we were dressed, packed, and in the car to head north to my dad's house for dinner and time with the folks up there. It was another round of feasting and gabbing and present opening and jammies (I don't have pictures ahora. Lo siento.) and laughing way too hard while playing some version of charades meets Catch-Phrase.

6. We came home yesterday afternoon, and I think alllll of us were Christmas-ed out. I was plum exhausted, and I think Clare and Charles were, too. We had a nice relaxing evening with pizza and DVR.

7. We have a couple of days of restful quiet this weekend, before next week. Charles' brother will be in town, which always makes for a fun, but busy, few days. Hoping to do some reading and some sleeping. Maybe even make use of a Starbucks gift card. :) I can think of nothing more celebratory for the 4th and 5th days of Christmas than that!

Have a lovely weekend! Merry Christmas, everyone!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.