Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Frozen Odds and Defrosting Ends

I blame it on the unbelievably cold Denver weather.

But can't actually complain toooooo much, because most of my experience with the weather has been running between a warmed car and a heated building. Usually while whisking a 20ish pound toddler between locales. On the upside, I am now convinced that we can survive winter weather in and of itself should we Match into a cold climate. Ever the optimist am I.

The good news is that, as of writing, Charles' interview status is 7 down, 2 to go. A week from today, it will all be over. God willing.

We survived our first-ever plane ride with child. Clare fell asleep on Charles' shoulder at the airport and woke up at cruising altitude, clearly confused, but equally reassured that Mama and Daddy were right there with her. She quickly decided the plane was all kinds of fun with a smiling college student across the aisle, a cup of milk, and a weird, round window with clouds outside of it. If only she could have run up and down the aisles, I think she would have deemed it perfect.

Sweetness

I'm also loving that we are staying this week with Charles' sister. In addition to having 3 "puppies" that Clare, of course, loves, K lives in a lovely home in a lovely neighborhood that is currently covered in snow and full of Christmas lights. Which gives me warm fuzzies, by golly.

I'm starting to get giddy excited for the end of Advent and Christmas. I'm excited for a little pause to reflect on God and family and fasting and feasting in the days leading up to the beginning of 2014. I've got more rambling to insert there, but I'll save it for a later date/post. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.