Sunday, June 28, 2015

Some Thoughts on Blogging



It has been radio silence. I know.

I've been doing a little blog-soul searching. It seems sometimes like the blogging community has become about getting big. Growing numbers, readers, followers. Search engine optimization and scheduled postings and treating your blog like a job.

But for me, for now, my blog is not a job. 

My blog is a hobby. My vocation is marriage and my job is motherhood.

I started this blog in earnest as a way to keep my mind alive, and as a chance to practice writing. That's what I want to keep doing.

Right now, my focus is going to be on quality, not quantity. My goal is a post or two a week, but I'm hoping to make those count. More thoughts on faith. More reflections on motherhood. Perhaps some foray into deeper waters. Less pressure to write about the day-to-day. That's just not my gift, and frankly, I have neither the time nor the desire right now to do that.

I still want to clean the blog up. Make it look nice. Take it seriously, because I want it to be something I'm consistently proud of. So that will be happening in the next while.

For family members and others who are here for cute pictures of my kids, I'm going to try to be more active on Facebook and Instagram, since I'm not going to be saving all my pics for the blog. 

Meanwhile, I'm back. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.