Sunday, July 19, 2015

Answer Me This (07.19.15)

Thanks to a visit from my in-laws, and a (never fun) night shift, I have "extra" time on my hands, so I decided to play along with Kendra today. I just can't resist a good survey! ;-)


1. What's currently on your To Do list? Chores, mostly. I really need to clean/sort kids' clothes, but since I'm mentally already preparing my list of things they need for fall, I'll probably manage to put it off awhile longer. Yes, it's July. No, will will not need such things for two or three months. Yes, I have problems.

2. Better type of superhero: magic/radioactive powers? Or trauma/gadgets/hard work? This is hard, because if you asked me, I'd normally say I'm a hard work proponent, but I feel like when I think about the superhero stories I like (and I'm SO not much of a superhero girl, with a son who's not there yet), they tend to be more magic/radioactive. I'm calling it a draw.

3. Finding out if baby is a boy or girl before birth: Good idea? Bad idea? I don't think either is bad or good, right or wrong. We found out with both kids, and we loved settling on names and calling the baby he/she/by name during the 2nd half of pregnancy. That said, whenever #3 comes along, we'll possibly (probably?) wait and find out at birth. Partially because we really truly don't care. Partially because I've got one of each and so have all the stuff, so why not?!? Partially (mostly?) because Peter's birth was fast enough to put us on alert for potential crazy fast labor in the future. I feel like the excitement of "finding out" might help ease end of pregnancy anxiety/motivate me through labor.

4. Have you ever appeared on a stadium jumbotron? Several times, actually. A friend in Phoenix's husband (He's my friend, too, just that I'm more friends with his wife.) used to be a camera operator for the Jumbotron at Bank One Ballpark (fine, Chase Field, the Diamondbacks' stadium), so pretty much anytime he knew someone was at the game, up they went. And since I used to go to games with my friend a couple of times a year, I always knew it was a matter of time before we got our awkward wave on.

5. Are you more book smart or street smart? I'm definitely more book smart. I was the girl who always did her homework, studied for tests, did the reading, etc., and then lamented a grade less than an A. Book smarts come easily to me. Street smarts are a lot harder, but I feel like, especially since having kids, I'm getting better and better. Thankfully, I have a fair amount of common sense, so that helps, too.

6. Have you had that baby yet? (Feel free to skip this one if it's not applicable to you.) Well, I've had two babies. Peter is 15 months. Clare is 3. So if you're waaaaaay behind here, yes, I had those babies. But since I'm otherwise not pregnant or recently postpartum, I'll stick with no. 

Visit Kendra to find more answers to questions -- and her response to #6!



2 comments:

  1. I was the same way in school - even just one question wrong on a test would bum me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And yes, that one pesky question!! It was always out to get 'ya!!

      Delete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.