Thursday, October 8, 2015

(Pumpkin) Patch Work

Normally, I wouldn't dedicate a whole post to the pumpkin patch. I mean, it's kind of cliche, and I would probably just throw it in some sort of update/photo dump kind of post at some point.

My lil pumpkins with the pumpkins.

BUT

It was such a great experience for one simple reason: Peter had a great experience.

Okay, they were both a bit unsure of this one.

See, Peter can be Mr. Separation Anxiety. He just doesn't like it when his Mama leaves him. And that's very sweet and all. But I want him to run and explore and experience the world. He's (mostly) fine at home and a few other places, where he feels safe and knows his surroundings. He's reaaaaaaaaaally wary of people who aren't me (and sometimes Charles or Clare). When we're out and about, he tends to be very clingy, especially when we're with a group.

Not at the pumpkin patch. No sir-ee. I think he had the best day of his entire life. He had so much fun. He kept running off . . . and I'm so unused to having to keep track of him, that I kept "losing" him. I've never been so happy to not have a kid in sight range. At one point, he even decided he wanted to ride the train again, and did it . . . all by himself. #proudmama

I think Clare had fun, too!

And so, because Peter had so much fun, I had so much fun! I say it over and over and over again, but I love seeing my kids blossom and learn and really live. I love seeing joy on their little faces. Monday was all about joy for Peter. And me.

I cannot get enough of this picture. I mean, look at Peter's smile! You can't fake that.


1 comment:

  1. Aww yay! It's so good to learn about the joys of parenting by following along with others like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.