Monday, November 11, 2013

This is Real Life

This morning, I saw someone mention being in their 30s and waiting for their real life to start. It reminded me of something that I'm sure I've mentioned before. We need to live in the present.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't look forward to things to come or save for your dream/forever house or whatever. Remember the past. Learn from it. Strive for Heaven.

I'm saying that if you spend too much time dreaming about Mr. Right, putting it off until you finish school/get that raise/win the lottery, wait until life is going according to plan, whatever, then you're going to be disappointed.

This, yes this, is real life.

The crying baby. The disastrous trip to the park. The broccoli on the floor while I had the audacity to finish eating my own dinner. The baby hugs. The baby kicks. The moments that make you laugh until you cry.

It's messy (often literally). It's beautiful. It's complicated. It's real. It's life.

Gratuitous baby picture

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.