Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sometimes it's hard being the Mommy

Like I mentioned yesterday, Little had her 4-month doctor's appointment the other day. She's doing well overall and got her 4-month round of shots. She doesn't have disastrous reactions to vaccines (and I'm definitely pro-vaccine), but she does get sleepy and cranky. The last couple of days made me think about the times that being the Mommy is hard.

Like when I let the nurse jab her with two needles back-to-back.

Like when those needle jabs leave red welts on the leg.

Like when she's exhausted from making her immune system kick into high gear.

Like when I burp her when all she wants to do is anything else.

Like when I have to get her to take a nap.

Like all the million times in the future that I'm going to have to be the bad guy for her own good.

She's feeling better today, and even when she's not at her best, she always greets me with a smile. It's hard to be the person that makes her not smile (even when she doesn't realize yet that it's "my fault").

Love, Not So Happy Today Mama

Love this kid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.