Friday, March 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 60

One of these days, I'll do something other than nap during Clare's naps. Or have something to say that's not about me impatiently waiting for a baby.

In the meantime, I'm linking up with Jen, 'cause FRIDAY.


1. It is birthday week around here. Charles' was on Sunday and we had two yesterday: my grandma (96!!), and Charles' mom (29 again). Clare is good at saying, "Happy Birthday," but not on command, of course. She was already pretty good at eating cake, but is always willing to practice her skillz.

2. As a result, I fully expected that Mr. Man would join the crowd. He still has a couple of days left to get in on the action before he's far enough removed to just plain have his own birthday. Clare was born in Week 39, so here's hoping he's born before he sinks alllllllllll the way into my pelvis.

3. Please remind me of how impatient I was to have this baby in a week or two when I'm complaining about how exhausted and sleep-deprived I am. Thanks in advance.

4. At least I will have pictures of two cute babies to litter my posts with. These are all I have of my girly girl this week.

Tea party with Daddy
Star Struck with Grandma -- Photo courtesy of Uncle Zak

5. The actual big news, of course, was the Match last week. We're simultaneously excited to be heading to Wichita and terrified, since neither of us has really lived outside of Arizona for more than a couple of months. (Charles' two toddler years in New Jersey notwithstanding since he doesn't really remember it. At all.) So, we're in the midst of a whirlwind of figuring out moving plans and housing and all that jazz. Crazy!!

6. March Madness is killing me. Killing. Me. Last night's win over SDSU was a leeeeettle too close for comfort, but a win is a win and we're on to the Elite 8. Go Cats!!! Bear Down!!


7. 39 Weeks. Here's photographic evidence that I'm gestating a whale, not a baby. Doctor thinks its a baby. I think Clare might still be holding out for a puppy. Regardless, everything's good and healthy.





Have a lovely weekend.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. thoes last weeks are so hard! Early babies are the best surprise ever I think, (well, not tooo early, but 39 weeks sounds about right!) Good luck with your move! Praying for everything to go smoothly with both events!

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.