Sunday, July 27, 2014

Answer Me This, Vol. 8

Celebrating Sunday with Kendra.


1. What's your favorite thing on YouTube? I actually don't watch much YouTube. I mean, occasionally, I watch a video after everyone and his uncle has told me about it. And I really appreciate how much DIY stuff Charles has learned from it, but me? I'm just not someone who spends a lot of time there.

2. Who taught you how to drive? My dad, in our old Plymouth Voyager. Yep, I learned to drive in a mini-van, which made the transition to mini-van as my everyday car pretty easy. I took my first drive way out on a back road in a town north of where we live. I also took driver's ed as summer school the summer before I turned 16.

3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Soups and stews. I am a devotee of the Le Creuset. I love chopping veggies and then letting my food simmer on the stove or, even better, bake low and slow. Mmmm....I'm also getting back into bread making after a bit of a hiatus -- I've not done it much in the last year or so, what with being on the road so much and then being pregnant and then having a newborn. Buuuuut....I'm building a new starter, and excited to try some new stuff. Yes, it is the dead of summer, but my love of the oven transcends seasonal cooking.





Day 1 -- Before I decided not to document my starter build

4. Are you a hugger or a non-hugger? Why? I'm a hugger, but, I also am not one to initiate a lot of hugging with people I've just met, so I end up being/coming off as a non-hugger. It's the introvert in me. My kids, though, are going to remember me as a mom who give them an embarrassing number of hugs; at least that's my goal.

5. Where do you pray best? I've actually been contemplating this. My private prayer life needs a serious boost. I mean, I feel a deep closeness to God in Gothic cathedrals, but that is not exactly replicable on a regular basis. I also love the quiet silence of candlelight, but I'm not sure where/how to replicate that at home and in my daily life. Carving out real time for prayer in a way that actually works long-term is something that I'm contemplating seriously right now. I crave it, but have more false starts than I do results.

6. When is the last time you saw/spoke to your grandparents? I have two living grandmothers, and I saw both of them the day before we left for Kansas. Both are in their 90s! I never knew any of my great-grandparents, so I'm glad that Clare and Peter will have met these two lovely ladies.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Answer ME this:) Neither my husband or I enjoy cooking/baking EXCEPT soups and stews! We love making homemade soup. However we have always just used our largest pot. I am thinking it's time to invest in something better. So which Le Creuset would you recommend (keeping our med school budget in mind)?

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.