Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Thoughts

My sweet little charges left me playing firefighter last week -- jumping from one "crisis" to another and not getting ahead of the game, which, in turn, left me precious little time to do much besides survive. Anyway, they are both napping now, and I felt inspired by Jenna to knock out a list of things that make me happy for my return to the blog-wagon. That, in turn, reminds me of a relax and fall asleep technique from my dad: thinking of happy thoughts.

21. Little girls in pigtails

Without further ado, 20 Things that Make me Happy

1. Coffee -- any coffee, but especially that first cup in the morning
2. Hugs, especially from my littles
3. Rain
4. Getting lost in a book
5. Flowers -- any way, shape or form, really
6. Warm crusty bread with butter
7. Making soup/stew
8. Combining #6 and #7
9. Going out to eat (no cooking, no dishes!)
10. A cold beer on the deck
11. A long walk
12. Spending time with Charles (sappy, but true)
13. Mexican food (I sense a food theme arising)
14. Laughing until I can't breathe
15. Sitting down and writing something that is worth reading
16. Fall clothes
17. Advent and Christmas
18. Toe nail polish
19. Lip gloss
20. Fresh-from-the-garden veggies

On that positive note, I'm off to see if I can get a post or two out of draft! :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.