Friday, February 27, 2015

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 77

Joining Kelly.


1. It has been a light posting/doing week this week because oh my gosh! the sickness! While Clare recovered from the fever that had her down on Sunday and Monday, we're all coughing sniffling messes. As Charles astutely diagnosed as I was coughing up a lung this morning, "We all have bronchitis. Every single one of us." I mean, we're all fine. Just coughing. And sniffling.

2. On the bright side, everyone got some sleep last night. As in slept through the night. (The night before I did 4 or 5 wake-ups between the kids, so the improvement is marked.) The gobs of sleep (on top of a 4ish hour nap yesterday) seems to have improved Clare's overall well being, so that is a step in the right direction.

3. None of it, though, is good news for my Lenten goals so far, but a house full of sickness is some sort of penance in itself, right?!?

Sleeping girl

4. In muuuuuch happier news, I got a new computer this week. I got a MacBook, because we decided it was just a better investment than a PC laptop. I've spent too much time going down the rabbit hole of photo organization. I mean, I had over 1400 pictures on my iPhone alone. Eep! Charles has a week of nights coming up, so we know how I'm spending my evenings. Next up? An external hard drive to back those puppies up.

Throwback to when Clare was Peter's age.

5. Before the plague hit, I was able to capture this shot that depicts with great accuracy what it is like to wrangle Clare and Peter these days.

Standing in the cart, trying to pull his sister's hair.

6. I can't even talk about the weather today, so I'll just huddle up with another cup of coffee, say a prayer of thanksgiving that I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and enough money to pay a comfortable heating bill. And a prayer of thanksgiving that we didn't end up in, like Michigan. I don't know how they do it up North.

7. And the dress debated 'round the world. It's totally white, y'all. I don't care what "they" say.

Have a lovely weekend!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.