Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Currently Daybook Mumble Musings

I love writing in the "quick prompt" format -- it might not yield the best posts ev-ah, but it is, for me a good chance to do brief updates, reflections and brainstorming.

Pondering: Technology. We're getting to the "break down and buy a new computer" stage. Charles' personal computer is on life support. His work laptop is good for abusing at work, but is too locked down for "normal" usage. My computer still works, but, as I mentioned last week, has clearly begun its march to death. Thinking about what we want, what we need, what we want the kids to have access to when. Plus, we'll be eligible for phone upgrades this spring, so . . . same questions, really.

Watching: Even though it was on, I only really saw the Halftime Show and the last quarter-ish of the Super Bowl last night. I'm not a Katy Perry fan, so I was not real excited about most of her schtick. The Julie Taymor puppets and then the Olympic Opening Ceremonies Chess board were ok, but the rest? Meh. Don't get me started on the Sharks. Even the now-trending Left Shark. The game though, it was a great game. I didn't have a horse in the race, so all I ever want is a great game and last night's delivered. Bonus: no football for months!! Bring on baseball and March Madness!!

Making: A giant meal plan and grocery list for the next 4 weeks, when Charles has an on-service rotation. It's what works on a keeping-my-sanity level.

Residency Reflections: It's hard to believe that we're over halfway through with Charles' first year of residency. Time really does fly. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that we were anxiously waiting for word on the Match. Now, we're under 2.5 years to go . . . and that doesn't seem that long at all. Charles has a challenging schedule the next 8 weeks, but we're ready for it. And before we know it, we're going to be on the downhill slide to second year. It's crazy.

Thankful for: My healthy kiddos.My health. Charles' health. I take those things for granted. I'm sure I'm not alone in that fact, but oh my gosh, are we so blessed. So blessed.

At home: The weather has been, um, inconsistent lately. Last week we had a gorgeous spell, which meant I took the kids to the zoo, because that's what stay at home moms do. Clare had a blast, and I think Peter enjoyed himself, too. It makes up for the fact that it was 8* when we got up this morning. I'm fantasizing about spring clothes for the first time in my life. Is it Easter yet?

Mini-Me loved the flamingos.

This is Peter's "I'm at a bear exhibit" smile.

A happy panda and puppy

Happy Candlemas! (And Groundhog's Day, if you're so inclined.)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.