Friday, April 4, 2014

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 61

Linking up with Jen.


1. Still here. Still pregnant. Still trying to not obsess over those facts. Photographic evidence of 40 weeks. Blegh.


2. I'm genuinely trying (without much success) to be more at peace with the waiting on baby situation. I'm blessed that we're both healthy, so I'm able to continue to give my guy the time he needs to cook. I know that I will eventually have a baby. I know that God's plan and will are bigger than my own. I know that I will grow from this as a mom and as a follower of Christ. I'm trying to pray and distract my way through it, and to remember that giving up control is an important lesson for moms to learn (and relearn), since kiddos certainly have minds and (free) wills of their own.

3. Moving right along, on the topic of God's goodness, yesterday morning (really still night), I was stirred from my attempts at sleeping by the always-fun combination of toddler and vomit. Needless to say, it turned into a long morning. I mentioned to several people that I didn't even know what I wanted, besides that I knew I needed prayers. Promises of prayers followed, along with lots of mentions of hope that I got some rest. Apparently, that was God's way of letting me know what I needed. I marvel at His ability to guide us (even using others) when we can't quite navigate ourselves. (And I actually slept pretty well last night, and got a cat nap while Clare napped in the afternoon, so I can't complain.)

4. The weather has been perfect for afternoon stroller strolls. A couple of days ago, Clare came equipped with all of life's necessities: sunglasses, phone, rosary (or, as she calls it, "bracelet").


Taking on the world.

5. Charles might not graduate until June, but he got his graduation regalia in the mail yesterday. Needless to say, he decided it needed to be tried on ASAP. And I needed to share with social media just as quickly (#proudwife).

Insta-fied.

6. Clare was less enthusiastic:

The blur really adds to the sense of discontent.

7. He also officially signed his first-year residency contract this week. Being the #proudwife that I am, I jumped off the couch to photograph the monumental event. It's not exactly presidential, and he only used one pen for his already-primed-for-the-prescription-pad signature, and he laughed at me the whole time. But document it I did. I am not just a #proudwife. I'm a #21stcenturywife, too. Hashtags and all. :)

Photo journalism at its finest.

Have a lovely weekend!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.