Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Answer Me This

Remember when these were really popular chain mail email things? Like (totally dating myself) my first couple of years of college?!? I've always been a big, huge sucker for them, so I can't help but join in Kendra's fun!


1. What did you and your family wear to Mass on Easter Sunday?

I'm sure that I've mentioned before that I am a big, fat failure at getting pictures either before or after Mass. I had really good intentions to be a good mom and get some Easter Sunday pictures. But we were running out the door before Mass, and came right in and started making brunch and changing clothes without thinking "pictures" after Mass. Theeeeeen, I was totally going to get some pictures at Charles' parents before dinner, and that didn't happen either. So you get Clare and Peter with their baskets instead:
 
Peter was clearly thrilled

2. Easter Bunny: thumbs up or thumbs down? Thumbs down. It steals too much value from the real meaning of Easter (and the last few days of Lent) without much payback, in my opinion. I mean, my kids get Easter baskets and can have fun with Easter eggs without getting a bunny involved. In full disclosure of my lack of subject continuity, I have no issues with Santa or the Tooth Fairy. My kids are little enough that I haven't had to work out the logistics of this yet. ;)

3. Do you prefer to celebrate holidays at your own house or at someone else's house? I like to mix it up. I LOVE hostessing, but going other places for some holidays keeps doing it fresh and fun!

4. What is your favorite kind of candy? Chocolate. I love plain old Hershey's, but won't turn away something better. And I've been on a major chocolate covered raisins kick lately. Is that too grown up?

5. Do you like video games? Nope. Never have. I've never owned a game console, never plan to.

6. Do you speak another language? I'm ruuuuuuuusty. I double minored in French and Spanish, so speak both passably well. I took classes in Italian, Portuguese and Russian. I could study and piece together enough to get by in Italian or Portuguese. I can come up with a handful of Russian words and phrases. 
  

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure chocolate covered raisins count as a vegetable. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see others participating in AMT! I've been following along but haven't jumped in on my own page yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.