Monday, May 12, 2014

Answer Me This, Vol. 4

Kendra tagged me last week (which totally made me feel like I was invited to sit at the cool kids' table), so of course I'm playing along! But, we all know that I'd probably be playing along anyway. :)
1. What's for dinner? Yesterday, it was pizza. Since I didn't get this posted Sunday, I'll share the more interesting meal for tonight which is shredded chicken (for tacos or burritos) with rice.

2. What's the last thing you borrowed from someone? I don't know; I can't think of much that I borrow. What I end up with, though, are dishes/plates/tupperware. I feel like I always have a stash of stuff to give back to people. I just don't know if it is borrowing in the strictest sense of the word.

3. What is your favorite prayer? I love the Our Father for so many reasons. I love it for how unifying it is. I love that all Christians (or at least all of the ones I have encountered) know it. I love that it is the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray. I love that it has so many levels of depth. It is perfect in its simplicity, yet not simple at all, really. It is also something that unites my childhood faith with that of my adulthood.

Via

4. What is the oldest thing in your house? My aunt recently passed on a saint statue that had belonged to her great grandmother, so my great great grandmother, so it must date back to the 1800s sometime, and is probably from the Northern Mexico/Southern Arizona region. (Paging Antiques Roadshow.) It is described as a Saint Francis, but it doesn't bear any traditional Francis identifiers, and instead looks like a priest or bishop. We might not know with certainty who this holy man is, but we sure hope he's praying for us!

5. What's the best concert you ever attended? That's really tough. There is a time in my life that I went to a lot of concerts. Now, it is rare indeed. I can think of a few that were really fun, but one standout in my mind is seeing Keith Urban open for (or at least on tour with) Kenny Chesney right before Keith Urban became much cooler (IMO) than Kenny Chesney. Yes, I like country music. No, I'm not sorry.

Via

6. Do you have a nickname? Does Ash count? When I was a baby, people called me Ash Rash, but I don't have a nickname like "Sparkles" or "Bud" or "Ranger."
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.