Monday, May 19, 2014

Currently . . . (Vol. 3)

Linking up with A Mama Collective and Home Away From Home.



Thinking about: Clare's surgery last week. It went well and she is recovering nicely. I've sat down several times to write a post about it -- for myself and my own memories as much as anything, but I'm not sure how much I want to share, about her (hopefully resolved) medical condition, or about my feelings about things. It's a pretty raw emotional state. I'm just glad that we've made it though, glad that she's doing well, that this will only be a story to her, that Charles was able to be with us the whole time, and that we live in a time and place to have access to the doctors and technology that were able to help my baby. I've gotten lots of great baby snuggles from both kidlets in the last few days -- so that is a silver lining.

Reading: Nothing in particular. Womp. Womp.

Listening to: Peter breathing as he sleeps on my lap. Listening for Clare to wake up from her nap. Enjoying not hearing Disney Jr. or The Lorax or whatever else poor Clare wanted to watch all weekend.

Watching: Tonight is the premier of The Bachelorette. Yes, I know it is terrible television and totally fake. No, I'm not surprised that the relationships never work. It's a train wreck and I can't stop watching. Totally guilty pleasure TV. *shoulder shrug*

Thankful for: This is Charles' last week of school. EVER!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how excited we are for this, and for everything that comes after. Life is a little bit like a runaway train right now, but I don't think I'd have it any other way. I'm so thankful that this part of the ride is over. I'm thankful to be married to such a hardworking, dedicated, Godly man. He's living a dream come true, and listening to God's call in the process. Our kids have a wonderful role model in him. We are so blessed.

Wishing: I like to think of my To Do list as more than a wish list, but alas . . . the Currently girls are probably more right than I'd like to believe. Especially with a baby who likes to sleep on me -- and there's only so much baby wearing this girl can handle!

     1. Set up a couple of before-we-leave doctor's appointments
     2. Start packing a few boxes a day.
     3. Clean out nursery closet.


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I will be watching Bachelorette too! Glad I'm not the only one with this guilty pleasure! I will also be watching that "I want to marry Harry" show on FOX Tuesday night. More ridiculousness I know but I will be watching nonetheless. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting this link-up! i joined in the fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and your family as you deal with the medical issues. It can be so stressful! It is nice to hear you talk so lovingly about your husband. With so much hubby bashing these days it is refreshing to see how much you cherish him. :-) It sounds like he is blessed to have you too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that your little babe is on the mend after her surgery. My little ones have had health problems, one with a minor surgery and it was oh-so-scary. Glad it's on the other side of you. And congrats on the graduation, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.