Friday, December 7, 2012

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 3


After yesterday's exhausted-and-feeling-sorry-for-myself post. I decided to have a good day. 
Six of my seven takes are my delights that decision. Yeah, I'm just that cheezy.
  
--- 1 ---
Left: flat; Right: puffy

I baked chocolate chip cookies. I use the recipe from Martha Stewart's Cooking School employing the chewy cookie variation. Thanks to my egg allergy, I always replace the eggs with flax meal & water goo. I don't know why half ended up flat and half ended up puffy, especially since I did the whole rotate midway through baking thing. I did guesstimate the second bake time after not actually starting the timer, so they ended up a little over. Oh well, they all ended up tasty.

--- 2 ---

And ate them, because isn't that the whole point of making cookies? I mean, even if you make them for someone else, you have to try one (or two) to make sure they're okay.

--- 3 ---
Totally impressed with the sheep.

I busted out the Little People Nativity set to play with Little. She was very interested in 1) watching the star flash and play "Away in a Manger," 2) gnawing on the animals, 3) eating St. Joseph. All in all, I'd say it was a success.

--- 4 ---

During Little's long afternoon nap (praise the Lord!), I ceased to be the last woman on Earth to be addicted to Downton Abbey by watching the first two episodes. Both of us getting some rest made a huge difference in our evening.

--- 5 ---

There may have been more than a few Mama-Little kiss attacks. Hearing your baby squeal with delight about getting kissed pretty much cures anything. At least anything mood related.

--- 6 ---

I let Little play in the kitchen with me while I got dinner ready to throw in the oven. Less whining, more smiling...pure win.

--- 7 ---

Daddy-Daughter Time!

Coloring a Jesse Tree ornament.
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.