Monday, December 31, 2012

NYE 2012

Today is my baby girl's first New Year's Eve. Of course, she has no idea what is going on. One day is the same to her as long as she gets plenty of milk and attention. With any luck, she'll sleep through midnight in several time zones. It will be a couple of years before we give her a bit of sparkling cider, and yet a few more years before we celebrate with the East Coast.

Still, the new year is going to bring her a world of changes, no matter how much C and I wish that weren't so. She'll be crawling any minute (unless the 2 inches of scooting she did yesterday count). She'll learn to pull up and walk. She'll say her first words. Her diet will transition from entirely dependent on me to entirely independent of me. She'll transition from baby to toddler. And my head will shake.

Every year brings change, but it's amazing to me how predictable the changes in the next year will be for us.

I often think about Little's future: all of the amazing things that are still available to her, the mistakes she hasn't made, the adventures she has yet to have, so much there is to learn, a world to explore. I get so excited and so sentimental thinking about watching her experience it all.

New Year's Eve always brings out the most emotional in me, and this year is no different. 2012 has`been so blessed, and I'm excited to see what 2013 has to surprise me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.