1. Our amaryllis is in full bloom. Gorgeous! It is also growing a new set of rabbit ears, so perhaps we'll get another bloom in 18 months.
2. 'Round here, everything is a "baybeee" this week. Lots of babies to be found, including but not limited to, her doll, the baby on the Mother's Day card she is obsessed with, Clare, the baby in the mirror, Jesus on the Crucifix, the bear on the cover of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do you See? and the animals in her touch and feel books. She got a lot of positive reinforcement for saying it about the card last weekend, and ummm, overenthusiastic parents might have overdone it?
3. She is also getting much better and more confident at standing and cruising/walking with assistance. My poor attention-deprived daughter (dripping sarcasm duly noted) will get herself stuck with no more furniture and fuss until my fingers make their appearance to escort her across the room to the next piece of furniture. Crawling over there is soooooo two weeks ago, Moooooom! Video proof of my child's genius for the 1 non-related person who cares:
4. Here in crazy town, Charles only has 7 more clinic days of 3rd year -- 4 next week and 3 the week after! He also has a lame shelf to take this afternoon and a couple of lamer board exams in the next 6 weeks, but still . . . 7 clinic days! 4th year, here
|More Daddy-Daughter medical training|
5. I have to admit that I had a lovely Mother's Day in spite of myself. I was spoiled rotten, ate a whole lotta carbs (no guilt, just carbs), didn't make dinner, drank too many cups of coffee, got some beautiful gifts and cards and emails and texts and phone calls and comments on my FB profile picture. (Did I need to list every modern method of communication? Probably not.)
6. Thanks to my family of origin (my childhood, not the actual members of my family), I feel like I'm failing Clare in having not yet achieved a curl or a top-of-her-head ponytail. Both would be ideal. This was my most recent lame attempt at a pony. I know lots of moms have babies with less hair than mine, but a prayer to the patron saint of hair growth would be appreciated anyway.
7. I am totally in love with the video pregnancy announcements. This one from Jenny and this one (linked via Camp Patton FB page, 'cause I'm that cool or, you know, not) both made me cry this week. Congratulations complete strangers (only one whose blog I actually