1. So, I'm finally, finally, finally feeling settled in Denver. The kitchen is a disaster that I need to clean -- which means I got my cooking on for lunch (soup that I've inhaled too much of, but yum!). You know you're settled when I destroy the kitchen . . . at lunch! *happy dance*
2. I hate being the cheeze-tastic girl who talks about the weather, but the awesome thing about Colorado in the summer is that everyone is all "Blah, blah, blah, it's so hot." (With all my love, CO peeps <3) Meanwhile, I'm grabbing a sweater every morning and evening. Gorgeous, glorious, cool air. Even some rain.
3. Clare and I even made it to the park to do a little swinging. . . and we did it, wait for it . . . after lunch!! Yep, gloriously perfect outdoor weather at 1pm. The. Life.
|She was so 'appy that she pouted when I took her home.|
4. Don't talk to me about winters in places that aren't Phoenix. I'm in lala land denial. *fingers in ears*
5. Then again, I was reflecting during my park glory that, August in Phoenix is like February everywhere that it snows. It all just gets to be too much and too oppressive and leaves everyone begging for mercy. "Isn't it over yeeeeeeeeet????!?!?" Then, when there is a nice day, people post all over Facebook and Instagram that they managed to go outside, and looking at it from the outside, you don't really get it, but oh my gosh, it is a joyful little miracle.
6. All this sunny disposition requires the full disclosure that Clare decided to wake up at 5ish today and be a total crab monster alllllllll morning. She has now taken two nice, long naps. I appreciate the long afternoon nap for more soup eating/a cat nap while I was watching Project Runway/tapping out this super-high quality blog post wherein I talk too much about the weather. I appreciate the morning naps for showering in peace and stuff, but on days like today, the mature part of me is all, "Told you you needed to sleep longer this morning!!!" Complete with the desire to stick out my tongue. Meaning? I dunno.
7. I just gotta say it. Blog Wars 2013? Whatevs. Read what you enjoy. Ignore the rest. Easy peasy. I love blogs that are well-written and that I find I can relate to in one way or another. Some paint rosy pictures of life. Some are "real" or "honest." The thing is, I don't think anyone is being dishonest. Since I live in the real world, I know that there are two sides to every coin. People are writing what they want to write, for whom they want to write it, for their own purposes. *shoulder shrug* As my dad always pointed out, variety is the spice of life.
And with that, I'm off! Have a lovely weekend, and visit Jen for more!