Friday, June 27, 2014

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 69

Boo to another week without much happening on ye ol' blog. But . . . I do have a couple of drafts that I'm still tweaking. Plus, things seem to be settling into a more normal rhythm around here, so that's good for the blog as well. :) Linking up with Jen for my Friday update of a post. :)


1.Charles has had another week of orientation. I am pretty sure he's sick-to-death of orientation. So much sitting and listening. Next week is finally his first week of residency rotations. He's ready and us at home, we're as ready as we'll ever be. I know it won't be all fun and games, but we might as well get on with it. :)

2. One annoying things that has hampered my blogging the last couple of weeks (besides, you know, moving) has been the ridiculously poor quality of our internet connection. Our frustration was mounting badly then on Monday, after we got everything up and running again (see #3, below), we couldn't get the TV or the internet going. So, after two calls, plenty of time on hold, lots of resets, and an over-the-phone diagnosis, a tech came out to see what was wrong. And, lo, the tech who did our initial installation did really shoddy work. Tech #2 fixed all of the poor work and BAM! services up and running again!

3. We've started tackling Operation Freshen up the House by tackling the project that is the living room. We scraped the ceiling of it's popcorn glory on Sunday. (And by "we" I mean Charles, while I chased the kiddos.) Monday we started painting and replaced some light fixtures. We didn't finish (this weekend, hopefully-maybe!), so you'll have to wait for before and after glory, but we feel good to be really making this house feel like home.

A before preview

4. Added to the to-do list: buy brown sugar. I was all set yesterday afternoon to make my inaugural batch of chocolate chip cookies in the new house when . . . I realized I haven't bought brown sugar yet. I had the stuff to pull together some peanut butter cookies, but I had wanted chocolate chip. Talk about First World Problems.

5. Diva Clare decided to wear sunglasses to breakfast the other day. No, I don't have my hands full. Not at all.

Filter via Instagram

6. Speaking of my little diva darling, I took her to story time at the library on Tuesday. There was a misunderstanding on my part about where it would be (because it wasn't in the children's section where I expected it), and Clare refused to go. She just wanted to sit at a table and read books instead.  Then she wanted to read all the book in the grown up section when I went to find something for myself, and gave me a chance to practice alphabetizing. Goofy little bookworm.

7. I'm going to try really, really hard not to talk about the weather every.single.week, but ohmygosh, a little weather talk is inevitable. But I'm still charmed by actual weather changes, and enjoyed a cool, rainy day yesterday.

This is how rain makes me feel.

Have a lovely weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Do you know you can make brown sugar? If you have white sugar and molassas and a food processor (or really strong arms I suppose) I had to donit once i

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.