Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Answer Me This, Vol. 6

We've still got more than a little unpacking to do, but the main floor is pretty much liveable. Today is Charles' first day of residency orientation. Both kids are napping (mom win!), so I'm easing back into blogging with  a late contribution to Kendra's link-up.


1. What's something you intended to do today, but didn't? Get up early. Since the unpacking finally feels under control, and since Charles was getting up to get out the door, I had every intention of getting up with him (read: while he's in the shower), and before the kiddos woke up. I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and again and again), but I'm better in every way when I get up before the kids and have a cup of coffee and some me time (and maybe even a shower!) before I start the feed-clean-entertain-repeat cycle. The kiddos, though, decided to wake up more than usual last night, so, despite getting to bed at a reasonable time, I had a hard time dragging my bottom out of bed until Charles was leaving. Boo! Hopefully tomorrow!

2. What's your favorite grilling recipe? Cheeseburgers? Charles does our grilling. I do make a mean chicken marinade -- my favorite is combining honey, lime, cooking oil, thyme, salt and pepper. No real recipe. I eyeball it. But it tastes mighty yummy! But, really, can anyone resist a good, homemade burger? I think not.

Via

3. What movie did you see most recently? We're not big movie watchers. We watched a lot of cartoons (The Lorax, Turtle Tales (awful, but Clare thought the turtles were cute), Pixar stuff) when Clare was in the hospital and recovering, but that's about it. We watch a lot of documentaries on Netflix. We also watch a lot of terrible reality TV, lest you think we're overly highbrow or something.

4. Would you say your tendency is to over or under react to medical situations? Probably more under-react than over. Mostly, though, I just follow my husband's lead. If he's worried, I know I should be, too. If he thinks things are ok, I figure they must be.

5. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube or roll it? Squeeze, then occasionally push it all up to the top. I don't really get the rolling thing. It looks good in theory, but I can't exactly wrap my mind around it.

6. What are you doing for Father's Day? It was a pretty low-key celebration. We stayed up late working on unpacking on Saturday, and ended up going to a late-morning Mass Sunday. Then we took a nice drive to check out the area around us. Charles went to the gym during naps, while I worked on the kitchen. We gave cards to Daddy and called our own fathers. And my sister because it was her birthday (she was born on Father's Day, so it's always extra-special when Father's Day falls on her birthday). I made a nicer dinner. We finished putting the kitchen together and pretty much fell into bed afterwards.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.