Monday, June 9, 2014

Saying Good-bye

Tomorrow, when we pull out, we'll be saying good-bye to this chapter, to Phoenix, to family and friends.


I'll also be saying a bittersweet farewell  to a house I've called home for seven years.

It's where my sister and I were roommates, became best friends, and grew up.

We both worked our first real jobs while living here. We both met our husbands while living here.

My husband picked me up for our first date at this front door. He proposed to me in the living room. We made it our first home as man and wife.

We welcomed our firstborn home to this house on a dark, stormy night in July. I teared up showing her around. 

We welcomed our first son to this house, busting at the seams, knowing it would only be his home for a short while. It was a sunny afternoon in April, and I scurried to make sandwiches before he woke up.

I've lived a lot of life and made a lot of memories here. It has been home, and it will always have a place in my heart.

{This didn't publish when it was supposed to, so if you're just finding this, blame the technology!} 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.