1. What do you still want to do this summer? I'd like to go to the Botanic Gardens. Otherwise, I don't have much of a summer to-do list. Since the kidlets are still little, and we don't have school obligations, summer just means hot. I'm ready for fall. Cooler weather, fall stuffs, me waxing poetic about how much more fallish things are here than in Phoenix (which is still not nearly as fallish as, say, New England). Bring on September!
2. What's your favorite kind of pie? Apple. Hands down. Apple pie is probably my favorite dessert, though my heart does dearly love ice cream. I (freakishly, I admit) don't like my apple pie a la mode, though. Apple season is just another reason to look forward to fall.
|Couldn't decide if this should be pie or summer -- but went with pie for whatever reason.|
4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean? I prefer not to swim at all. If I have to swim, I'd prefer a heated pool, but really, I'd rather not swim at all. I'm not a particularly strong swimmer, and it's not an activity I enjoy. I'll happily hang out at a body of water, take long walks on the beach, whatever. Just please don't make me get in it in it if I don't have to.
5. Do you know any poems by heart? I know the poem I recited in 3rd Grade, "Lincoln" by Nancy Byrd Turner. I can do "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost with a quick review to make sure I have everything in the right order. Not that they are poems, but I can still do the Preamble to the Constitute and First Amendment. I can probably come pretty close to reciting The Lorax, but would probably miss chunks, like the time I tried reciting How the Grinch Stole Christmas one year. I have a freakishly good memory, but thankfully no longer remember the large chunks of Shakespeare and The Canterbury Tales I once had to memorize.
6. Do you use the public library? I do. I love the library. I read books so fast that, unless it is a book I want to reread/reference frequently or own for some other reason, buying books is really a waste of money and space. I am a devotee of digital library space as well -- I love borrowing ebooks to read on my phone. Lastly, I love taking Clare. We can check out picture books, read them over and over for a week or so, and give them back before I have to hide them, lest I go crazy reading them one.more.time.
|I don't know if I ever posted this, but Clare is in front of the library, overlooking the "castle" across the street.|