Monday, October 27, 2014

Currently . . . 10.27.14

Joining Hannah at Joyful Life for another go 'round.


Thinking about Christmas. I know, I know. It's not even Halloween yet, but there's a method to my thinking ahead. Mostly that I try to do as much shopping and such before Thanksgiving and Advent and Christmas as I can. That way, I can spend my time enjoying December instead of stressing over it. It's also going to be a different kind of holiday season around here, for lots of reasons, so I'm trying to wrap my mind around it in advance. Expectations are everything to me, so I need to get mine fixed appropriately.

Dreaming of a big, open kitchen full of people. Yeah, that's related to my Christmas musings, but I'm, for whatever reason, doing a ton of soul-searching and growth in the self-awareness realm lately, and it just seems like a big, bustling kitchen full of food and love and life and people is pretty much my love language. I've mentioned before that our kitchen has some shortcomings by way of space, but the biggest is that it doesn't have a warm and inviting feel. Someday, I hope, that will no longer be the case.

Organizing the clutter. Kinda. We are facing a constant battle against the clutter. Toys make their way upstairs and overcome the living room. Stuff comes home and gets dropped on the table. Stuff. Piles. We're constantly working on finding new homes for things, so that we can put them away, but it's a war we're fighting!

Laughing at my kids. They do the silliest things. I don't have the art of the tell, so I usually don't try to post silly stories; they fall flat in my writing style. I can't help but laugh at Peter Army-crawling after Clare's toys, followed by her outraged, "NO, PETER!!!!! That is MY _______________!!!!!" I can't help but laugh when Peter smiles and giggles. I can't help but laugh when Clare "finds" something lost right in front of her face. Especially when she announces proudly that, "I found it!"

Reading Five for Sorrow, Ten for Joy. It's the current read for Michaela's Stella Maris Book Club. I'll (hopefully) have a fuller report down the road.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Christmas thinking! I'm really trying to be on top of my gift planning/buying this year. I'm not at all ready for the decorations or carols, but I'm ready to start shopping!

    Visiting from the Currently link-up. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Ashley! I love having a kitchen full of people too, especially on the Holidays but really any time... well actually it freaks me out to have people over but once they are here and everything is done i love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.