Friday, January 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 49

Linking up for my Friday fix with Jen and the rest.


1. This is shaping up to be one of those wonderfully crazy weekends. Charles is out of town for his next-to-last interview event. I have a BBQ with a group of friends tonight, and then I am attending a wedding tomorrow. Sunday is either going to be recovery day or get life back in order day! (Or, most likely, a little bit of both!)

2. I am so, so happy for the couple getting married tomorrow. The groom was a mutual friend of Charles' and mine before we met. The bride was a friend of Charles' from Students for Life way back in the day (you know, the mid-2000s). I would have never imagined the match in advance, but they are such a lovely couple, and I am so, so happy for them. I am praying hard for them as they begin their lives together, as one in Christ.

3. This week involved lots of getting back into the swing of things for all of us. Charles was up and at 'em bright and early Monday morning, but said it took most of the first day to warm up the ol' brain and feel like he was "on" again. Clare struggled similarly on Monday, not used to having to share my attention with things like the bathroom and breakfast dishes. She spoiled by the multitude of adults who have been around to watch her during those time in the last few weeks. Yesterday and today, though, she seems to be doing a lot better on the neediness front, so I think we're comfortably on the road to recovery.

4. One thing I was able to really take advantage of this week was getting up early, about the time Charles leaves. It can be daunting to pull myself out of a warm bed this time of year, but it is totally worth it to have time to drink a hot cup of coffee, and spend some quiet time alone in the morning while Clare is still sleeping. I've found that I am a much better mom when that need for quiet and reflection is nurtured right off the bat. I would like to do a better job of building prayer into that time, rather than just leisure, but I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. I'm sure I'll get all settled in just in time for Mr. Man to make his appearance.

5. Photo break: a girl and her (not) chello.



6. Eeep! Clare seems to be awake from her nap!! I'm going to go enjoy my post nap snuggles! :)

7. 28 weeks. I have never been one who really sits and analyzes how people carry when they are pregnant. I have always just sort of recognized that we are all different and carry differently. Plus, every pregnancy and baby are different, so not something I really worried about. But, oh my goodness! This little one is riding so. low. I've finally stopped being in denial. I practically feel him in my hips, and I'm pretty sure my bladder is already reduced to the size of a pea. On the upside, he hasn't reached my ribs or affected my breathing in any way. Less than 3 months to go!! Krazee!!

Hall bathroom selfie? Don't mind if I do.

Have a lovely weekend!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.