1. Dutch ovens --They are probably my most favoritest kitchen tool. Yes, I like the convenience of a slow cooker, but nothing beats the taste of a low-slow cooked oven stew or homemade, simmered soup. I'm a Le Creuset girl, but any Dutch oven is better than no Dutch oven. Happiness is drooling over the display at Williams-Sonoma.
2. Thyme -- Lalalala. "Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme." Lalala. Anyway, fresh herbs certainly make a big difference in cooking, but I particularly love fresh thyme. Bonus: it's the only herb that I've been able to consistently keep alive for more than 1.5 microseconds.
3. Ice Cream -- Nothing says summer like frozen treats. Now, I'm admittedly girl who will almost never say no to ice cream, but there is a carton of strawberry in my dad's freezer that is calling my name and harkening back to my childhood.
4. Coffee -- Yeah, I know that this isn't exactly earth-shattering news around these parts. However, Clare is up with the sun and the chirping birds up here in the magical land of "forest." I am definitely drinking more caffeine than I should. Hey, I'm on vacation, right?!? At least that's what I'm telling myself!
|My kinda cup. Via|
5. Clare and Puppy --Watching Clare fall (more) completely in love with "ba puppy" while we're here has been 1 part adorable, 1 part heart-warming, 1 part infuriating (that's the feeding my dinner to the puppy part). Just to clarify, my dad's dog is not, in fact, a puppy, but a fully grown yellow lab.
|I looooooove you, Puppy!|