Friday, June 14, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 27


Linking up with Jen and the Conversion Diary Crew for 7 Quick Takes. 'Cause it's Friday, that's why.


1. Tomorrow is my little sister's birthday. We were not particularly close growing up, but now I can honestly say that she's one of my best friends. We talk pretty much every weekday, and I really don't know what I'd do without her. Happy Birthday, Whitters! (Also, you are not 27, because that is too old. 7 I could handle. 17 well, it was 17. But 27? You're like a real grown-up and stuff.)

Looking gorgeous on her wedding day

2. Anyway, she just got a surprise for her birthday -- my dad and his SO drove to San Diego to visit her. Even though I knew, I had a little too much fun encouraging her speculation earlier about what was arriving between 2 and 4 pm. Masseuse? Cable guy? Creepy cable guy slash masseuse?

2 lucky gals. No creepy cable guys.

3. I had a very, very scary and traumatic experience with some sort of beetle (thank goodness it wasn't a roach) at lunch today. I was talking to Charles on the phone and making soup when it butt-wiggled its way out of the non-garbage disposal drain in the kitchen sink. I have lived in this house for 6 years now and have never seen a large bug. I was not excited for that to change with a crawling/cruising little monster who likes to put stuff in her mouth. Jen's scorpion drama took on a whole new level of meaning. No pictures. I know you're sad.

4. Picture break. Someone was less than thrilled with the broccoli cauliflower medley. Mostly the broccoli part.


5. Yesterday, I had one of those moments when I realized how quickly June was going to disappear. Then it would be July. And July, August, September and October are sure to be Krazee-town and thus flyyyyyy by. I just really want to push pause. Then I count how many disastrous diaper-and-outfit-changes I've done this week and wonder what I'm thinking.

Feeling all sappy about treasuring these moments.

6.Thanks to personal experience -- once being evacuated and once watching a small fire being fought across the street from my dad's while our carport was being hosed down -- there is nothing scarier than forest fires. I seriously used to have nightmares. *shudder* Meaning my prayers are with Colorado, hardcore.

7. Happy Father's Day! Happy Weekend! Stay cool and hydrated! Or safe and dry! Or whatever being smart in your neck of the woods looks like this weekend!

Repeat? Oh well.

I'm sure you can find people with less filler at Jen's. Off with you, now.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.