Wednesday, April 10, 2013

5 Favorites, Vol. 4

five-favorites-moxie-wife-1

Linking up with beautiful mom-to-little Charlie, Hallie, to share some of my favorite things this week. What I love about this is how it makes you focus on the positive week after week. It's a good thing.

1. Beautiful baby boys. It seems like there are lots of little boys arriving in internet land (looking at you Hallie and Jen and others), and there are three coming to close friends in the next few months (and in one case, days). My prayers and love are with all of them.



2. Asparagus. I love asparagus, but try to only buy it in season, and . . . it's in season! Enjoying the glut of asparagus while I can! Yum!! Added bonus: I've finally learned to spell it correctly.

Via

3. Sharpie Pens. I just love the way they write. I mean, I love pretty much everything Sharpie, but I found a couple of these buried last week. I feel in love all over again.

Via

4. These jammies I picked up at Target. They are too cute, even if it makes me very sad that we have had to move out of yet another size in sleepwear. Seriously, Clare is a peanut, yet we can't seem to keep her in jammies. I shouldn't complain, because we've been so generously given so much that jammies are virtually the only thing we've bought her. I'm just hoping the no-footies thing will help make these last longer. Plus, I know nights are only getting warmer from here.
Via

5. I found these cookie bites on Pinterest. Of course, the link is bad and since I just followed the caption directions, I'm not too worried.
2 ripe bananas, 1 cup quick oats, 1/2 c choc chips, 1 heaping spoonful of natural almond butter.. mix well, plop spoonfuls onto baking sheet, bake at 350 for 15 mins.
Except I made them with peanut butter. You know you've seen about 500 million variations on the "old bananas + oats + chocolate" thing on Pinterest. If you're like me, you've pinned at least 100 million of them. The first version I tried was a muffin and it needed a little something more. The PB totally nailed it. Fortunately unfortunately, we seem to always have bananas around, since Clare only manages to eat about 2 inches of banana every few days, and yet I keep buying them for us to share.

Food photography is clearly my calling

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love asparagus SO much. My husband refuses to eat it so I will down a whole pound by myself (the kids will maybe eat like, 3 spears...) - so happy it's in season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, asparagus!

    I always feel a tad sad when the kids grow out their PJs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.