Monday, January 21, 2013

Meal Plan Monday, Vol. 8

My meal plan consists of milk, water, lukewarm veggies and puffs!

Happy MLK Day! We'll be enjoying our long-weekend day by cleaning house and nursing our poor be-colded baby back to health.

This is also H's last week of his family medicine rotation, but it is going to be a weirdly truncated week: off today, work 2, off 2. His shelf exam will be on Friday, so we'll all be studying for that this week.

So, without further ado, ye ol' meal plan.

Saturday: chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice.
  For the filling, I used the leftovers from the cilantro-lime chicken I had last week.

Sunday: Brown sugar balsamic pork tenderloin, baked sweet potatoes, salad and French bread toast
  The recipe for the pork tenderloin is all over the internet, for example, here, and it was yum-my! Being me, I halved it and made it with half of a tenderloin, because that's a good amount for the two of us.

Monday: Chicken pesto pasta, garlic toast

Tuesday: Butternut squash soup, bread

Wednesday: Chicken and sausage "paella" over rice
  I use the recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (it's old school, but I love it!). I call it "paella" because I use turmeric instead of saffron and because it is a CrockPot recipe, so it has none of the crusty yumminess of actual paella. However, it is still tasty, and in the end, that's what counts!

Thursday: Crock Pot pinto beans, tacos

Friday: Last pizza Friday for a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.