Friday, February 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Vol 11

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!

It's Friday, so, once again, joining Jen and the rest.

1. One of the cool annoying cool but annoying at the same time interesting things about being married to a CMA-SS board member is hearing allllllllllllll about everything that is going on during their monthly video-conference meetings. They are gearing up for the first ever CMA-SS bootcamp for Catholic med students to learn to navigate the treacherous bio-ethical waters of the noble practice of medicine. What's cool is that the grown-up CMA fundraised enough to pay for all of the expenses (save 10% of travel costs) to make this happen. It warms my heart every time I think about it.

2. This ragamuffin (no shirt? one sock?) showed up at our house last evening.

I don't know who she is or where she came from, but we decided to feed her anyway.
 
3. I like coffee. Duh. And I generally like my coffee strong and flavorful. I learned to love it drinking espresso on sidewalk cafes in Southern France. I kid you not. I like it sweet, but try not to go overboard. I had stopped using flavored creamer, because I was turned off by it's non-dairy chemicalness. I successfully switch for years to half-and-half. I was never going to look back. Then, I started limiting dairy to see if it would help Clare's spit-up. I got sucked into Silk vanilla soy creamer, and now I'm all addicted. I'm not as bad as all of the creamer with a splash of coffee folks. I'm still firmly in the splash of creamer camp. I'm just really enjoying the creamer.

4. It takes me awhile to warm up to people. It's the introvert in me. I guess it even takes some time to warm up to the internet. Anyway, I've finally gotten sick of typing fake blog nicknames. I'm still not 100% sure about how I feel using Clare's real name, so I'll probably go back and forth for awhile. But it really makes typing feel more free to use it. We'll see.

5. Not a word about sleep or crawling? Not so lucky. We're in a one-waking sleep rut this week. I swear the child can only have any given sleep pattern for a week at a time. Crawling is still stalled out not knowing what to do with her knees, but we're seeing things like this more and more. I am keeping my patient pants on and focusing on the not wanting her to be mobile angle.



6. I don't have anything to say worth saying here, but I do have a cute picture:



7. Clare "learned how to be a doctor" earlier this week while I was making dinner. Talk about being wrapped around Daddy's finger.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.