Monday, February 25, 2013

Allergy Girl

Yeah, it's Monday, and I should be posting a meal plan, but my meal plan for this week is bo-oring. Stew, chicken, enchiladas, same ol', same ol', blah, blah, blah.

And Charles is starting his third of one million Family Medicine rotations, but I'm sure I'll have more to say when things get rolling, since this one has lots of unknowns attached. So . . . putting that topic on hold.

Clare is in the process of building her first fort. Either that or making her first big mess. I think watching her explore is cute. Now, while she can't do too much damage. She's also experimented with pulling up. 7 months going on 17 years this one.

All necessities pulled over for easy access


Instead, I want to focus on me me me me and how allergies make me miserable. The last 3 days have been a doozie. First, there was an incident with egg. Next, there was an incident with cross-contamination (best guess). Then, I woke up this morning with my head feeling like molasses, the extremely-tired in spite of decent sleep feeling I liken to being hit by a bus, itchy eyes, and cooooooooooongestion. Weather.com confirmed my suspicions with this little number:

At least it's not very high?





I like to joke that I'm allergic to everything, but that's not quite true. When I had allergy testing done a couple of years ago, there were 10ish things I didn't react to, and 20ish things that I didn't have a true positive test for. Out of 70some things that were tested. And that's not even getting into the egg situation of doom. Charles has pointed out that it's more unusual for me not to be a little stuffy than otherwise.

But days like this . . . are just no fun at all. And make me grateful for the Keurig's ability to make hot, throat soothing beverages. Misery loves a steaming mug of something. Is that how the saying goes? Bleeeeeeegh. Excuse me, I need to go blow my nose. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.