Linking up with Jen et al for Quick Takes, seeing as it is Friday and all.
1. Yesterday, I finally installed Picassa on my computer, and think I'm going to enjoy it. Yes, I'm a bit behind, but whatevs. I like its user-friendly balance between fun and functionality. Because this stuff is necessary and practical:
|But so cute!|
2. Baby sleep is officially back on track! She more or less slept through several nights in a row this week, and only had one real wake up last night. She also woke up at 6:15, whence I did the whole pretend-it's-the-middle-of-the-night-nurse-and-put-you-down thing, because that has the makings of an ugly day 'round these parts.
3. I'm also pleased to report that with the return of nighttime sleep (and maybe the addition of a "solids" lunch?), we're also seeing the emergence of an afternoon nap. She has consistently taken an hour and a halfish nap every day this week, and I'm overjoyed! And getting her down has been as easy as laying her down with Piglet and her blankie. Yes, she takes naps with a crocheted blankie. And a lovie.
4. Too ridiculous not to share (and use for teasing in 10 years). Little refuses to sleep in socks. I refuse to put her down for naps without them (since she wears footie jammies and a sleep sack to bed). Generally, when she wakes up, I find her socks strewn about the crib. I foresee no power struggles in our future. Nope. None at all. Anyway, the other day, she was wearing footed pants, and when she woke up, this is what I found.
|Modesty is for lame babies, Mama!|
5. You know that obnoxious thing when you have a sticky key on your keyboard? My space bar is doing that now. Ugg...
6. Since Valentine's Day is the day after Ash Wednesday this year, I'm going to be doing some indulging early. So,
|Should that have been sepia?|
7. I'm also indulging in random mom-post takes, since I've got nothing earth-shattering to comment on. This time, it's Little's newfound ability to put things on her foot. I'm sure it takes some skill and coordination that I should be proud of, but instead, I'm baffled each time I find myself unthreading another toy from her leg.
Go, seriously. I'm sure someone at Jen's has something better.