Thursday, February 28, 2013

DIY Gift Tags



Hi, my name is Ashley, and I’m addicted to gift wrapping.

Hiiiiii Ashley!

My dream “craft room” (ha!) would be full of wrapping supplies with a giant roll of kraft paper mounted on the wall like the wrapping paper at Macy’s or other places where you can pay to have your gifts meticulously wrapped. I haven’t found that room on Pinterest yet, but when I do,  I will repin it on repeat just to be annoying.

When I saw Ana’s link-up, first I was all, yeah, right. DIY and I are not exactly BFFs. Then, I was totally going to be fancy and attempt to make cut-out cookies, which, never have I ever. Then, that so didn’t happen and boring old, perfected-recipe chocolate chip happened. They tasted good, but were not post worthy or experimental or...anything.

Then, as I was thinking about wrapping and getting ready for Valentine’s Day, I decided to attack the Pin in my head… DIY gift tags.

Prep work involved some Googling and digging through wrapping/crafting supplies.

Supplies
 There was some cutting, tracing, cutting again, stickering, 3rd great felt heart cutting, gluing, writing, raffia-tying, things I’m forgetting-ing.

The finished product:

The tags

On their packages

Difficulty: not at all
Creativity: the tiniest little bit
Will I do it again? You can count on it!

I was totally procrastinating on actually posting this, because it is so not impressive. But Ana keeps tempting me to give in to my link-up joining problem, by extending the time allowance, soooooooo Happy Valentine's Day otra vez!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad you linked up, and extra glad that it helped that I extended the date. This is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm Ashley too and also addicted to giftwrap! We should be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing! I'm a sucker for creatively wrapped gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monthly subscription service for expactent parents Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Einen stern schenken I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments happen, too. I'd love to hear yours.